Contested and uncontested divorces
Ms. Esserman represents clients in either contested or uncontested divorces. In an uncontested divorce, couples are able to resolve all issues of their divorce by reaching an agreement before filing a complaint for divorce. In a contested divorce, the parties are "contesting" the issues and may require the court to resolve the disputed issues.
Clients who find themselves in a contested or uncontested divorce can find experienced legal guidance from Ms. Esserman:
- Full explanation of Georgia divorce laws and your rights
- Detailed strategy for divorce negotiation or litigation
- Personalized custody plan for your children
- Compelling representation in Georgia courts or mediation forums
Divorce counsel at Ms. Esserman’s firm is never a one-size-fits-all endeavor. Each client has specific objectives, and by delivering customized legal services, Ms. Esserman can help her clients assert their rights in order to achieve their goals.
Divorce is a life-changing event that involves a multi-faceted transition from married life back to single life. Ms. Esserman offers a suggested reading list for her clients in order to help them navigate through their divorces. Any or all of these books can be a very helpful resource:
- The Good Divorce by Constance Ahrons
- A Man’s Guide to Civilized Divorce by Sam Margulies, PhD, JD
- Divorce Poison: Protecting the Parent-Child Bond from a Vindictive Ex by Richard A. Warshak
- It’s Not Your Fault, KoKo Bear: A Read Together Book for Parents and Young Children During a Divorce by Vicki Lansky
- When God Interrupts: Finding New Life Through Unwanted Change by Craig Barnes
- Co-Dependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself by Melodie Beattie
Call 912-261-8686 for divorce help in Brunswick.
The Law Office of Denise S. Esserman, LLC represents clients in Glynn, Camden, McIntosh, Wayne, and Brantley counties in Georgia.